Fun fact. In the 2001 recession, lipstick sales skyrocketed. Do you think the same will hold true in 2020 with the majority of lips hidden safely behind masks? I mean really, is anyone getting all made up with nowhere to go?
This year, more so than any other, all industries have taken a financial hit, even the $500 billion dollar a year beauty industry. On the other hand, many companies have seen an increase in revenue from their skin care products.
Early 2020, many people quickly abandoned their normal skin care regimens. Did you? This coupled with the new mask accessory, hello skin problems. Even in a pandemic, skin care and self-care remain essential.
Why not dabble with a few DIY facial concoctions? A quick internet search, visit to the pantry, grab a few ingredients, and you can easily prepare a snack and homemade facial.
- Chocolate - cocoa powder is considered a natural anti-aging ingredient with many antioxidants. Next time you’re whipping up a mask, add a little cocoa powder.
- Carrots - filled with beta-carotene and vitamin A, carrots are considered a super anti-wrinkle food. Pop some in a blender and make a paste for your face.
- Pumpkin - make a note to save those carved pumpkin guts. Like carrots, pumpkins are filled with beta-carotene and vitamin A, nutrients that help signs of aging.
Once the DIY gets a little old, it’s time to return to skin care basics 101.
- Cleanse - Give your skin a fresh start. Choose a product that provides a deep and thorough cleanse while remaining gentle to the skin. Plexaderm Peppermint Exfoliating Cleanser uses a nice blend of oils and extracts to calm and soothe your skin while exfoliating beads remove daily build-up of dirt, oil, and makeup.
- Try a vitamin C serum - What will that do for you, you ask? The antioxidant properties in vitamin c are very valuable weapons in the fight against the early signs of aging. They help to defend our bodies against free radical damage, often caused by environmental aggressors such as smog, smoke and sun exposure. Without protection against these stressors, we are more susceptible to many negative side effects including the breakdown of collagen. When collagen is broken down and begins to deplete, our skin loses its elasticity and our skin begins to show signs of aging, often in the form of lines and wrinkles. Aging is inevitable, but why show your age earlier than later? Plexaderm Triple Action Vitamin C Serum harnesses the power of three potent and stable forms of vitamin C that work synergistically to provide the skin with a beautifying boost of antioxidants. This unique vitamin C complex works to visibly brighten uneven skin tone while supporting healthy skin elasticity. The added burst of Hyaluronic Acid helps to quench dry skin and promotes healthy moisture levels. Plexaderm Vitamin C Serum is suitable for all skin types and is perfect for anyone looking to promote bright, even-toned, youthful looking skin.
- Eyes - Eyes are the new focal point peeking out above our masks. Do you suffer from under-eye bags, crow’s feet, or dark under eye circles, tell-tale signs of many things? Mostly unpleasant. Number one thought about someone with under eye bags? Old age. Not many of us want to appear older than we are. Many strive to appear younger and spend enormous amounts of money doing so. Plexaderm Rapid Reduction Serum visibly reduces these early signs of ages in 10 minutes and effects can last up to 10 hours.
Masks are here to stay. Embrace them and look and feel your best in them.