The warmer weather is finally here! We are running outside at full speed to embrace the outdoors and all it has to offer. Maybe even tackle a few outdoor projects. The number one project is usually spring cleaning. We have news for you. Your spring clean-up needs to include your health and beauty cabinets too.
Just as you clean your property and prepare for new growth, the same applies to your beauty regimen. As the seasons change, so should your skincare, and the need to check your cabinets for products that do not work for the current season and should possibly be discarded. We spend a lot of time and money on ourselves in effort to look and feel our best. Make sure you are getting the most from your investments.
Usually during the colder seasons of fall and winter, we look to use heavier creams to keep our skin hydrated. As the climate changes and the temperatures rise, along with the humidity levels, we don’t necessarily need heavy moisturizers. We reach for more lightweight products; lightweight moisturizes; water based and oil free products, exfoliators to remove dead cell buildup from winter and skin brightening treatments. We are going to be spending many hours outside, soaking in the sun and want to look and feel our best, without our beauty products weighing heavily on our skin and clogging our pores.
Here are some tips for you to get organized, prepared and possibly introduced to a few refreshing new products, and have you ready for the new season.
1. Let's begin. Empty everything out. Everything. Makeup, cleansers, moisturizers and all your tools and brushes.
2. Did you know that skincare and beauty products expire? You won’t be looking your best or benefiting from your products after they have expired. Do yourself a favor and check them all for expired dates and immediately toss whatever is past the expiration date. Take the time each season to check those dates. Use the ever so popular rule of thumb, when in doubt, throw it out!
3. When was the last time you washed those brushes and makeup tools? Never? Now is a good time to start. While cleaning, wipe down all shelves and counter tops. Let’s make sure to remove all dirt and particles from surfaces where we are storing products that are used on our face.
4. Take a minute to examine all product labels. Do some of them have storage recommendations such as store in a cool, dry place? If so, then you should not be storing any of those in a bathroom.
5. Time to replenish your stock. Speaking of replenishing, we love to cleanse and moisturize in one quick and easy step with Plexaderm Reset & Replenish Pads. Not only are these pads quick and easy, each pad effectively removes dirt, oil and makeup and is infused with skin quenching Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a great lightweight moisturizing option for the warmer weather. And as an added bonus, there is no need to rinse. You will be thoroughly cleansed, moisturized and ready to go in no time at all.
6. As we just mentioned, water-based moisturizers with ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid are great lightweight options for the warmer seasons. Plexaderm Hyaluronic Moisturizer is a customer favorite for providing much needed skin hydration without heavy oils and it does not minimize Rapid Reduction Serum’s effects. (Simply apply 20 minutes prior to using Rapid Reduction Serum)
7. Before you step out the door, apply some SPF and sunglasses. By now you should be well informed of the importance of wearing sunscreen daily, that’s all 365 days a year. Don’t forget to reapply as needed. Sunglasses are super important as well. You don’t want to enjoy the fresh outdoors while squinting. Squinting expressions may invite lines and wrinkles around the eyes and face. Lines and wrinkles are eventually inevitable, we don’t want to encourage them.
8. While we are on the subject of the early signs of aging, Plexaderm Rapid Reduction Serum offers temporary relief from under eye bags, lines and wrinkles. With about half the size of a pea, you can have a more youthful appearance in as little as 10 minutes with results that last up to 10 hours.
You’re all set now. Ready. Set. Go! Go directly to your beauty and skincare cabinets and get to cleaning. Discard the expired and take inventory of what new skincare products you need for the current season. If you’re staying in a bit longer, and need some ideas for the best skincare products, visit the entire Plexaderm Skincare line and discover a new favorite.