“Summertime and the livin’ is easy”... or is it? We enjoy the warm weather summer brings, but are we paying attention to what the sun is doing to (or for) our skin? Sheer Science Bloggers love working on their tans and are sharing the top ways the sun impacts your skin (good or bad).
Say goodbye to seasonal depression: Our levels of serotonin are the highest in the summer, making you feel energized and happy.
Stress reliever: Whether you are reading your favorite book under the sun, taking up a new hobby or simply getting some fresh air, sun exposure reduces stress levels.
Vitamin D: 15 minutes in the sun provides all the Vitamin D you need, helping you maintain healthy bone strength.
Sunburns, heat rash, and over exposure: Too much sun can leave your skin red, dry and cracked.
Wrinkles/aging: UV light damages collagen and elastic tissue in the skin. With too much exposure, your skin won’t be able to bounce back like it used to. UV light can also cause cysts, blackheads and both light and dark spots on the skin.
Skin cancer: Sun damage can develop over years. One sunburn may seem like nothing, but the years of damage can really add up.
THE HAPPY MEDIUM
Don’t miss out on all the fun this summer.
- Apply sunscreen 20 minutes prior to going out in the sun. This gives it plenty of time to absorb into your skin. Be sure to re-apply every 2-3 hours.
- Treat yourself to a cute new hat. Beach hats work great for concealing your face from the sun. They also make for great pictures.
- Staying hydrated prevents your skin from feeling and looking irritated and rough. While fruity cocktails and margaritas may be fun, be sure to have water handy. Drinking one glass of water in between every alcoholic beverage may prevent dehydration.
- Grab your favorite book and lay under an umbrella. Relaxing at the beach doesn’t always mean being directly in the sun.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! After being in the sun, grab your favorite moisturizer or aloe to soothe and heal dry and rough skin.
WE CAN HELP
Is your skin too far gone for over the counter moisturizers and sun hats to conceal and erase sun damage? Sheer Science manufactures innovative products that can help protect and revitalize your skin.
Look great while protecting your skin with Culler Beauty Self-Adjusting Foundation, a revolutionary liquid foundation that goes on white and instantly self-adjusts to match your EXACT skin tone. Our unique color-matching formula protects and moisturizes the skin as it works to even out your complexion. Culler Beauty foundations contain SPF 50 sun protection to shield your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Plexaderm® Skincare products were developed to revitalize aging skin and help you maintain your youthful look. Check out our full line, we have what your sun-kissed skin needs:
- Plexaderm Peppermint Exfoliating Cleanser: Deeply yet gently exfoliates for soft, smooth, radiant-looking skin.
- Plexaderm Night Time Collagen Peptide Serum: Collagen & peptides work while you sleep to promote firmer, fuller-looking skin.
- Plex-Perfect Daily Moisturizer: Help nourish and moisturize your skin day-in and day-out.
- Plexaderm Hyaluronic Moisturizer: Helps boost skin hydration and smooths the skin.
- Plexaderm Dark Spot Fade Gel: The ultimate skin brightening treatment for age spots, hyperpigmentation, and skin discoloration.